Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The 3 degrees

Well, this is my last night in China! Felt quite strange today as it is the my last proper day at work before I go to Antarctica. The team here were really funny, joking about me getting frozen in time and someone discovering me in about 3000 years from now, with the Asia Pacific risk profile still on my computer! But, this is it!! I'm on my way home tomorrow, then next stop Antarctica!!!!

Today I've been trying to find out when the rest of the Akzo Nobel team are arriving in Buenos Aires. I was sure I was going to be the first so just wanted to know when I would have company. One of my colleagues from the US is arriving just about the same time as me, so at least I'll have someone to explore the city with on my first day there. The rest of the team are arriving at different times during the day after, so I'm sure by the end of the day we'll all be sitting in the bar toasting the adventures to come.

I've been checking on the team already down in the south and they have posted some more film footage. It was quite amusing to watch them erecting the E-home. Especially as there was some time lapse footage of them furnishing the place! It's a rather balmy 3 degrees down there at the moment - bet it's colder than that in Consett!!


No comments: