Friday, March 7, 2008

Organised chaos

Today has been a day of domestics. Well, in between catching up on sleep that is! I've also been trying to get things organised for packing on Sunday. Easier said than done! I have a tendency towards being a little chaotic and so organisation is not one of my strong points. Add to that the fact that I get distracted easily, and you do not have a recipe for effective packing! So today, I've spent the time wandering around the house moving things from one place to another, in the hope that at some point, all the things that I want to take with me will end up in the same place. Up to now, that's not happened! I still have things that I'm taking strewn around the house - boots at the front door, rucksack in the spare room, water bottles in the kitchen, etc. It would probably help if I could decide which room I wanted everything to end up in - ie which room will play host to the eventual packing extravaganza, but that seems to change on a regular basis.

Tomorrow I'm going for my expedition hair cut and pedicure........ so what if my toes won't see the light of day for 2 weeks - at least I'll know they look nice!! It feels as though I'm going away for a really long time, much more than the 2 weeks or so that I'll actually be gone. It's probably because the preparations have been quite significant in comparison to a holiday of the same duration. So much kit to buy, things to read, arrangements to be made etc. It'll be a relief to finally set off!!

No comments: