Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A wander in the city

My first day in Buenos Aires has been just fab!! After all the trauma of yesterday’s flight problems it was nice to finally land in Argentina. I was met by my colleague Alan from the US which was great as it meant we could travel to the hotel together. Once at the hotel we decided on a quick turnaround before we were to go out to explore the city. And what a great time we have had! First off we went for some lunch and just got our bearings. Then we wandered down to the marina and had a walk along the waterfront before sitting down on a bench and just letting the world past by. It has been a really relaxing day. The perfect antidote to the hectic few weeks I’ve just had. Then we got a cab to another part of the city and wandered around for a little while before finding a little bar for some refreshments.

We had time to really chat about the expedition and talk about our expectations and fears for the next couple of weeks ahead of us. It’s a great shame that none of the other members of our team managed to get out here a little earlier to share in our experience today. It really has been perfect!

As I landed this morning, I received a message from a colleague who I worked with a number of years ago. It was such a lovely surprise. The message said that everyone I used to work with in Industrial Coatings in Darwen, Lancashire would be following the events of the next few weeks. So I would like to say hello to Lynda, June, and everyone else in Industrial!!

No comments: