Monday, March 10, 2008

Best laid plans....

Not a great start to my journey. Due to high winds in the south of England my British Airways flight to Heathrow has been cancelled. I had a few options, but time was not on my side, so a train journey or a car journey down to London were not really feasible! So, I set off to Newcastle airport to see what they could do. The staff on the customer service desk were really struggling because of all the cancellations, and were really of very little help. However, the girls in the office had already checked out alternatives for me so I knew there was a Jet2 flight down to Gatwick at 5pm. I decided that this was the only realistic option if I was to stand any chance of making my connection at 9.25 pm. However, I'm now sat in the departure lounge and it has just been annouced that the flight is delayed by half an hour!! Oh joy! That reduces the amount of time that I have in London to get from one airport to the other! Oh well, life is just one big adventure, isn't it!!!

Everything else today apart from that went quite smoothly. I've packed ok, and although it was a bit of a squeeze, everything I wanted to take went in. I don't think I've forgotten anything, but time will tell on that one.

I hope that next time I write my blog I'm in Buenos Aires!!

No comments: