Thursday, February 28, 2008

Google me!

I've made it into Google!!! Yesterday a friend mentioned that he'd found my blog by searching on my name and Akzo Nobel. So I wondered if I could find it with just my name. And there I was!! Ok, it was on page 2, but even so, I was still just a little bit chuffed!!

Yesterday when I arrived home there was a card behind my door to say that a courier had tried to deliver a parcel. Today, after a number of phone calls I managed to track down the parcel - it had been delivered to my next door neighbour. It was really exciting, because this was the parcel I had been waiting for! When I opened it, it was full of socks, gloves, thermals, trousers and lots of other bits and pieces that will serve me well in the cold continent! I think I am finally ready with all the equipment I need.

Tomorrow I'm off work to get myself ready for China, and also try and get myself a bit more organised for Antarctica - after all, it's only 11 more sleeps!!

No comments: