Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wishful thinking?

So now I am pretty sure how I'm going to keep warm on this expedition, my attention has turned to some of the other items on the kit list. Some of it is just what you would expect to take on an expedition to Antarctica - waterproofs, walking poles, ski goggles.... But 2 of the items really have me at a loss - swimsuit and talc. I can't imagine that I will be doing any swimming whilst I am out there, so the only thing I can think we would need a swimsuit for is that there must be a sauna on board the ship. Or is that just wishful thinking?? And talc, well, answers on a postcard please!!

So, those 2 items aside, I think I'm doing ok with getting kit together. For most of it I've made use of that wonderful tool, the internet. Some of it I already have, and Akzo Nobel are providing us with 2 team jackets - one waterproof shell, and one warm parka. The remainder, I imagine I will pick up over the next couple of weeks, things like batteries for the camera, photo cards etc.

Well, that's the kit sorted, flights are booked, hotel reservations in Buenos Aires are made, so I guess I'm all set to go.

No comments: