Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hitting the ground running

I can finally sit back and relax after 2 hectic days in The Netherlands. But I sit back knowing that the past 2 days have gone better than I could have ever imagined. Before I set out I wasn't sure how the conference was going to go. I guess there's always a risk associated with putting together such a diverse group, but it really worked! And I know that this project will be a success because of their diversity and the enthusiasm that they bring with them. It's an enthusiasm that the whole project team share for making a difference both within our business, and in their every day lives. One of the critical success factors for this project was getting the right team together and I am 100% confident that we have achieved this.

So now I'm back in the UK, but not for long. I have 2 full days at home before I head off to China! I sometimes wonder how I manage to fit everything in! In the next 2 days I want to get as much sorted for Antarctica as I can, even if it's just a case of making lists of things to do. That way, when I get back from China next Thursday, I can hit the ground running - I'll only have 4 days at home in between China and Antarctica!!

When I arrived home this evening, there was a card behind my door to let me know that a courier had tried to deliver a parcel. I'm hoping that this is the big parcel I've been waiting for with the majority of the things I need for the expedition. I'll collect the parcel tomorrow, and it'll be like Christmas again!!

No comments: