Saturday, February 16, 2008

Shiver me timbers

Today feels like Christmas!! I was woken up this morning by a knock at the door, and when I answered, there was a delivery man laden with a number of parcels! Happy days! So, I've spent most of the day unpacking and trying out all the new gear for size! I'm glad to finally have some things, as it's only just over 3 weeks until I set off for Buenos Aires. I can start ticking off items from my list of "things to buy before I go to Antarctica". My lounge now looks like an outdoor equipment shop. Plus, as I am not the tidiest of people, there is also some resemblence to an explosion in a packaging factory! Which means I've had to add something to the list of "things to do before I go to Antarctica".

One of the other items on the kit list was fancy dress costumes. Apparently at the end of the expedition, we will be having a fancy dress party on board the MV Ushuaia. This morning I received an email saying that the theme for the party is "Pirates of the Antarctic". It made my eyes light up! For someone who observes International Talk Like A Pirate Day (19 September for the uninitiated) this is quite exciting! Avast...... I'm off to find a parrot!

No comments: