Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"See you in Buenos Aires"

Today has been really good. I managed to speak with Chris Knox, the journalist who I’ve kept missing for the past couple of days. It was great to talk about the expedition to Antarctica, where we’ll be visiting, and the things we will see. It really brought it home that in less than 3 weeks I will be in Argentina and about to meet up with all the other people who I will be going on this great adventure with.

He also asked if he could use this blog as a feature in his newspaper. This prompted a visit to our Corporate Communications department to make sure there wasn’t any authorisation process I had to go through, and as I’m currently in Amsterdam, all I had to do was walk up a flight of stairs to their department! The best thing about visiting Corporate Comms, was that I could meet up with one of the other Akzo Nobel participants, David Lichtneker. It was like meeting an old friend who I hadn’t seen in a while! The strangest thing was when I said goodbye, followed by “see you in Buenos Aires”….. how cool is that!

Tomorrow, another participant, Delando Hawthorne, will be visiting Amsterdam, so I will get to see him too. He’s over from Canada for a meeting. And he’s bringing the Akzo Nobel team jackets with him, so I’ll be going home with a gift!

Less than 3 weeks to go and counting! Hope you’ve all had a go at whacking penguins! Don’t forget to register your score then I can see how many of you are addicted!

No comments: