Friday, February 22, 2008

Robert Swan on YouTube

Today I decided to have a day off work and try to relax a little bit. The past few weeks have been really hectic, sorting things out for the expedition and work, in particular the travelling. And it's not going to stop any time soon! The week before I go to Antarctica I'm travelling to China for 4 days, then 10 days after I get back from Antarctica I'll be jetting off to New Zealand on holiday, and won't get back until the beginning of May. So, I'm trying to organise the next 2 months of my life before I go to China. That gives me about a week, and considering the diversity of the things I'll be doing, it is no easy task!!!

So, I thought a day at home to get a bit more organised would be just the thing. This morning I spent most of the time sat in bed surfing the net, to see what else I could find out about my destination. And I came across a couple of film clips from the Robert Swan Organisation. These are definitely worth a watch and will take you no more than about 10 or 15 minutes. The URLs are:
(you might have to copy and paste them if they don't link you directly). They really show how passionate Robert Swan is about the environment, and especially the Antarctic environment.

This afternoon I was back to running around like a mad woman trying to get things organised! I did manage to achieve a couple of things though. I picked up another parcel from the Post Office, and found a pair of waterproof trousers inside - something else to cross off my list. Plus, on the list of kit that we need to take with us are ski goggles and wrap around sunglasses. And I've managed to find a pair of sunglasses that convert into something akin to ski goggles - 2 for 1!! Result!!

No comments: