Sunday, February 24, 2008

Photo shoot

For me this is when the countdown really starts. It is 2 weeks tomorrow until I set off and the next 2 weeks I know will just fly by as there is just so much to do between now and then.

Tomorrow I am meeting with a photographer from the local press who will take some photos to accompany the article that will appear in a local Newcastle paper. I've had to gather some of my "expedition gear" to take in to work tomorrow, as the photographer wants me to look like I'm just about to head off into the great white wilderness.

Then tomorrow afternoon I head over to Sassenheim for the start of the 2 day meeting which kicks off my project. I'm really looking forward to meeting the project team, and making a start on the project. I had a message this week from one of the other expedition participants, Frank Bakkeren, saying that he will be in the offices in Sassenheim next week and will pop into our meeting to say hello. I hope he does as it would be good to see him. Also, one of the consultants from the Akzo Nobel Sustainable Development department, who will be presenting at our meeting is also going on the expedition, so it will be like a mini reunion.

But before I can do any of that, I have to make another visit to the dentist chair tomorrow morning. Hopefully it won't be quite as traumatic this time, as I am just having the stitches taken out and a check to make sure the treatment has worked. Well, fingers crossed!!

No comments: