Friday, February 29, 2008

Looking forward to a 10 hour flight??

Yesterday when I left the office I forgot to put my "out of office" on for when I'm in China. Today I was switching it on, and it dawned on me that I won't be back in the office in Felling properly until the 31st March! That's a whole month away! It seemed too long, so I put that I'll be back in the office next Friday. I imagine that I will pop into the office for a couple of hours that day in between recovering from jet lag and unpacking!

I do feel like I am almost sorted with everything now though, which is quite a relief. Because I've been so busy running around doing things I've not felt as though I had been achieving very much. But now that I have most of my equipment, I feel as though I can breathe a little bit easier. I'm almost looking forward to the 10 hour flight to Shanghai so that I can have some time when I don't actually have to do anything. I can sleep, read or watch a film and not feel like I need to be running here there and everywhere!

I'm only going away for 5 days, but when you travel long haul, it always feels as though you are going away for ages. I'm looking forward to this trip. I'll only have 3 days in the office, but the work that I'll be doing when I'm out there I really enjoy. Plus I get to meet up with some colleagues who I haven't seen for a while. I'll be back on Thursday and then the real countdown will start!

No comments: